This course is designed to satisfy license renewal requirements by the SC Board of Dentistry. A total of 2 CEUs will be awarded by the Academy of General Dentistry. This course meets *OSHA 1910.1030* general requirements when paired with site specific instructions for dental license renewals. OSHA 1910.1030 Details
OSHA Infection Control Course
This includes a video segment covering Bloodborne Pathogens and uses the PACT acronym (Protect, Act, Clean, Tell) and slogan, Make a PACT, Know How to Act, to help students learn and easily recall bloodborne pathogen training.
Learning Objectives :
- Protect themselves from exposure to bloodborne pathogens
- Act when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Clean themselves and the area when exposed to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Tell or report any exposure to blood or blood-containing materials in the workplace
- Understand the principles and processes of disinfection and sterilization;
- Identify the steps to sharps safety
- Identify the personal protective attire and gear for dental personnel safety
- Identify the infection prevention strategies that dental staff should follow at all times *Universal Precautions*
- Post Exposure Process *exposure control plan
*This Training provides Dental Professionals with a general overview of best practices for infection control with an emphasis on how to adapt guidelines and recommendations into every day practice.*
You can also add this course along with CPR for site specific training from our instructors for a total of 5CEUs.